YogaTree Tropical and Unplugged-sold out
Costa Rica Experience (3/31/17 thru 4/5/17)
Join YogaTree in beautiful Costa Rica for a yoga retreat and vacation in the sun! Unplug and relax, add some tropical ambiance to your practice!
You’ll stay in an ecolodge tucked away in the rainforest, less than a mile from a beach on the Pacific coast. Our accommodations at Vida Asana in Playa Hermosa are set within gardens with a pool, restaurant, lounge, yoga facilities and plenty of hammocks to unwind in.
With Danielle and Lynn as your hosts, you can join yoga classes each day, as well as offered group activities including a rainforest hike and Sangria night! These activities, refreshments and three vegetarian meals a day are included, and you are able to arrange extra tours through the lodge for an additional cost.
Details and Pricing
The early bird pricing for the retreat is $1,050 per person, which includes double occupancy accommodation and three vegetarian meals a day from Friday March 31st through Wednesday April 5th. All rooms have private bathrooms, hot water, air conditioning and a ceiling fan. The price also includes all yoga classes and the activities mentioned above, as well as a 90-minute shuttle to and from the San Jose (SJO) airport. Early bird price is $1050 with a Deposit of $300 paid by October 31, 2016, cost for signing up after October is $1175.
Airfare is not included in the cost. As of August 20th, round trip flights from Philadelphia to San Jose were around $500.
Single Occupancy – $50 per day
Pescatarian meals – $5 per day
Optional activities – pricing varies by activity. You can book Reiki and Swedish or Ayurvedic massage services through Vida Asana. You can book a lesson for paddle boarding or surfing. There are also tours and adventures that Vida Asana can help arrange.
Danielle and Lynn are planning a couple of optional group activities. Let us know if you’re interested in opting in as the trip gets closer and we will get the trips set. Trips we’re looking at:
–Rainforest Adventure, Zip Lines & Tram: 3 hours of 14 platform of zip lining, arial tram, medicinal gardens, heliconias garden & snake exhibit with guide. Cost approximately $75 per person for this adventure.
–Rainmaker Riverwalk and Suspension Bridges: Walk along the Rio Seco, observation platforms, rich biodiversity, suspension bridges to give you “bird’s eye view” and a pristine waterfall where you can enjoy a refreshing dip. This trip will take most of the day and is approximately $70.
- There are 4 or 5 small restaurants, a mini-market, and a great bakery on the beach, about a mile from the lodge. There are beach cruisers we can use, and a shuttle to use for small fee.
- Jaco is about 6 miles to our north, and it is a bustling beach town, with lots of shops and restaurants.
- Web page for Vida Asana http://vidaasana.com/
What to Bring:
– A current passport & 2 color photo copies of passports, valid driver’s license
– Currency in Costa Rica is the colon (plural colones). Most places accept US dollars, but currency can be exchanged & it’s smart to have some on hand.
– Clothing for hot, humid weather (day time temps range from 85-95 degrees, night time, 75-85 degrees), shorts, tee shirts/tank tops, swim suits, a few sets of yoga clothes, flip flops, walking shoes (sport sandals are great for this & your feet will stay cooler), hats, sunglasses, beach towel, sunscreen, bug spray, a reusable water bottle. If you plan on doing any of the hikes/outdoor trips, make sure to bring clothing and footwear that is appropriate for such activities. There are no laundry facilities on site but there is a send out laundry service if needed.
-Vida Asana has yoga mats & props available for our use, so unless you have to practice on your own mat, it’s one less thing you have to lug.
-We have arranged a stop on the shuttle in from the airport at a supermarket in case you’d like to purchase some snacks and libations.
-Pack things that help you “unplug”-books, journals, music. We want you to relax : ) This is your vacation, activities are offered but optional, your time is your own.
Space is limitied, to reserve your spot for this retreat, please register with Lynn or Danielle
and deposit $300
You can pay by cash, check or PayPal button online.
Early Bird Registration: Cost is $1050. Deposit to hold your spot is $300, balance is $750. Full payment is due by January 20, 2017.
Late Registration: Cost for signing up after October is $1170. Deposit to hold your spot is $300, balance is $870. Full payment is due by January 20th , 2017.
Cancellations/Refund Policy: Receive refund, minus $100 for processing fees by January 31, 2017. Refunds cannot be given past the end of January.